Friday, July 22, 2011

Fabulous Food Fridays and New food finds

Good Friday, The  wonderful end to the week, beginning of the weekend and its summer so going outside to enjoy a patio meal, a swim, or just a good walk with the pups is definitely in order. Now that you have enjoyed the outdoors for a little while you probably worked up an appetite and for anyone out there that is Gluten Free and has missed garlic bread I have the answer for you. Schar "Europes best gluten free product",
I would have to say that I agree. They have these little cheese crackers that taste way better in soup than oyster crackers ever did. But back to the Baguette, I have tried with no avail to make baguettes to go with my lasagna's, pasta's and french onion soups with no luck. They all turned out to be smooshy breads that would absorb all the juice of the soup and fall apart before i even had the chance to poke my spoon through the top of the perfectly browned cheese. When I saw this in the local natural food store and knew this weeks E-Mealz menu included Lasagna and Ravioli I had to try it. Even Better the  bread has no gluten, milk  or wheat in it. When I opened the bread it had the most wonderful smell, it smelled like sourdough bread. I immediatly ran to grandma and shoved it in her nose and made her tell me what she thought of. She asked me  again if it was really gluten free
because it smelt nothing like any of out gluten free breads
have smelt like in the past.  When I cut into it wasn't as dense as a full gluten baguette would be, but it wasn't as crumbly as the other breads I have tried. The garlic butter spread on easily and after baking the bread in the oven for about 30 minutes the butter had melted nicely and was a delightful addition to the  lasagna and salad that we had for dinner.


 It was great having garlic bread with dinner, I haven't had garlic bread since going gluten free and I occasionally miss it being able to mop up the left over marinara with bread, but alas I have it back.  Our dinner consisted of Crock Pot Lasagna, Garlic bread and a salad topped with dried cherries, apple, feta and Panera Bread Cherry Balsamic dressing.
This is the other recent find, a sugar grinder that has coffee beans and chocolate in it. Trader Joe's I love you! It is the perfect sweetener for tea and adds just a hint of chocolate to my Chai Tea.

I hope you all have a happy Friday and good plans for the weekend. Get out and do something fun, I will be helping a friend strip and stain her dinning room table. I look forward to posting either a beautiful recreation or the funniest story of two city girls refinishing furniture ever.








What are your plans for this weekend? 


Have you ever tried to say Good Eye Might? Try it there is no way to say it without sounding Australian.  Let me know in the comments if you tried. 
Have fun!

I linked up with:
Go check them out for some wonderful meal Ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these finds with us this week! If you don't mind adding a link back to the Friday Favorite Finds post, that will help people in finding the link party. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...