Thursday, March 31, 2011

I have been Craving Spice Lately

This week my holiday taste buds returned for a brief stay and demanded Gingerbread cookies. So what is a girl to do when Ginger Bread cookies sound fabulous for Breakfast?  Simple  I made  a Gingerbread shake. I drank it two days in a row I loved it so much.  Here is the recipe:
Gingerbread Shakeology
1 Packet Chocolate Shakeology
4oz Almond Milk or Coconut milk
4oz Coconut Water
2Tbs Molasses
1tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ginger and Nutmeg
I also Added 1Tbs Peanut Butter for fat, but found I didn't really need it.
Here are the  Nutrition facts                
Molassess, 2 Tbls     116 Cal
Peanutbutter 1Tbls     100 Cal
Almond Breeze1/2 Cup 30 Cal
Shakeology Chocolate Packet 140 Cal
Zico Coconut Water 4fl oz    17 Cal



After dinner on several nights I was craving Gingerbread again and I found a fabulous no bake recipe on Chocolate Covered Katies blog. I highly recommend these, there was a slight taste of Peanut Butter but chilled in the fridge they were so tasty and will be my next after hike snack.

Gingerbread Butter

  • 6 T Peanut Butter (I use this peanut butter)
  • around 1 1/2T Molasses (20g) (I used blackstrap)
  • heaping 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • scant 1/8 tsp ginger and nutmeg
  • Optional: cloves, sugar (I didn’t use either)
Mix together your peanut butter and molasses, either using a blender or fork. (I just used a fork to mix.) Add the spices and mix again.
This is CCK's recipe. But I love it and hope that you try it, I will be making them for Grandma with Cashew butter this weekend. 
Have you had any strange cravings lately, if you have what are they?
Merry Summer;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...