Sunday, June 19, 2011

Losing 80lbs by June 2012


Goals, resolutions, plans for the future, aim, plan of action, ambition, intent, intention... I could really go on forever with words that we use when trying to express what we want to do in the future, but when it comes down to it the words we use to express our future desire really means nothing if we do not write them down, share them, create a plan of action or act on those plans.
Websters Dictioanry defines goal as: the end toward which effort is directed
Goals can often feel like we have bitten off more than we can chew and that like at any minute that chicken could decide to step up and crush us before we even realize what has happened. So what do we do to accomplish the goals that we feel are a nessecity to creating a better quality of life. 
To help so that these goals do not become overwhelming there are several steps that can be taken so that you will see them through to the end and reach whatever reward you may be seeking. 

 The first step is to write down your goals.Write down 10 goals that you want to accomplish in the next year. Then you can go through the goals and see which goals directly correlate to another larger goal on the list. For example one of my goals is to be debt free and another is to pay off my car.  These are two goals that are directly related and can be made into bullet points under the larger goal of being debt free. Another goal I have is to lose 80lbs, but I also have other fitness goals of completing Turbo Fire/Chalean Extereme hybrid program, running a 5k, Completing the Tough Mudder and Camp Pendelton challange. So my list looks something like this. 
1. Lose 80 Lbs. 
  • Complete Turbo Fire/Chalean extreme Hybrid
  • Complete Rev Abs
  • Complete P90x
  • Run 5k
  • Complete Tough Mudder
  • Complete Camp Pendleton Mud Run
2. Be Debt Free
  • Pay off Car
  • Pay off Credit Cards
  • Attend Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University. 
You will notice that these are not necessarily in order of how they will be completed, but hopefully you get the idea. Though I have these on my computer I will also be hand writing them and placing them where I will be able to 

Now that I have the goals down I need to get together with my superhero team and create a plan of action. Any goal worth achieving is worth sharing. By sharing something like this you are being held accountable by that person. They may not realize that you have put them in that position, but they are. During sometime in the upcoming months they will ask you how you are doing on xyz and knowing this is generally good motivation to follow through with your goals so you can proudly answer, " I am down 5 lbs this month" or " I have save 500 of the 1,000 dollars towards my emergency fund."  Whatever your goals might be it is always more rewarding to tell a friend something positive rather than something negative.
So my friends you here are my accountability. I will be writing to you weekly on how my eating/exercise went.   If you are interested in embarking on this Journey with me I am more than happy to be of any assitance and would love for you to be my workout buddy on Team Beachbody where I am an Independent Beachbody Coach. 
What are your goals?

Wishing you tons of success in whatever dreams you dream, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...